Industrial Vibration Analysis
VIBRATION ANALYSIS MONITORING
REDUCE EQUIPMENT FAILURES – INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY
Vibration analysis is a predictive maintenance service which allows early problem detection in rotating machinery, such as gearboxes, fans, shafts, motors, compressors, pumps, mixers, driers, etc. Vibration analysis enables you to take maintenance action before a failure in service brings your plant to a halt.
Calkins’ CAT 3-Certified Analyst, with over twenty years industry experience, generates a database of your equipment’s condition and monitors the data at (usually) monthly intervals specific to your plant needs.
Equipment overall vibration amplitudes and specific fault frequencies are trended over time to determine if a problem is minimal or becoming worse. Measuring specific vibration frequency, along with familiarity with the equipment being analyzed, allows the technician to diagnose and resolve the problem.
- Gear Defects
- Bent Shafts
- Motor Faults
- Eccentric Rotor
- Mechanical Looseness
- Lubrication Issues
- Bearing Wear
- Soft Foot
VIBRATION ANALYSIS Reporting
Reports cover all industrial equipment, and whether any are, or continue to be, in an alarm status. These reports help the plant manager and maintenance supervisor maximize their mechanics’ efforts and time, thus avoiding unnecessary down time and budgeting dollars more efficiently.
- Comprehensive, Easy-To-Read Diagnostic Reports
- Delivered within Five Business Days
- Production Condition in ‘Real Time’
- Equipment Performance History
- Recommended Actions
FULL SERVICE VIBRATION ANALYSIS
The Calkins Value of Full Service Industrial Equipment Vibration Analysis
|When an alarm indicating…||Can Calkins Tech correct it?|
|• Alignment is Needed||Yes|
|• Balancing is Needed||Yes|
|• Lubrication is Needed||Yes|
|• Bearing is Worn||Yes|
|• Coupling is Worn||Yes|
|• Impeller is Out of Balance||Yes|
|When the analyst sees…||Does Calkin Tech Report It?|
|If Remote Analysis Equipment is needed…||Can Calkins Tech Provide It?|
|Supply remote analysis equipment||Yes|
|Install remote analysis equipment||Yes|
ON SITE EXPERTISE
When the vibration analysis indicates: Misalignment; Out of Balance Condition; Lubrication Needs; Worn Bearings; Worn Couplings; Impeller Out of Balance, etc…
- Calkins can source parts and provide service technicians to install, test and certify all corrective actions.
- Calkins’ Lead Vibration Analysis Technician has 20 years’ experience in Predictive Maintenance with Cat 3 Certification. Calkins has two additional Cat 1 Certified Technicians.
- For alarms indicating mechanical seal issues, Calkins has an in-house John Crane engineer to provide the optimal solution.
- Calkins service technicians perform 200+ laser alignments annually.
- Calkins can provide Oil Analysis, with an Oil Monitoring Analyst on staff as certified by the Society of Tribologists
and Lubrication Engineers.
Our Motion Amplification service uses very high speed video footage of moving parts to give the most advanced method of getting to the root of vibration issues.
PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE VIBRATION ANALYSIS (PDM)
On-going predictive maintenance services prevent more costly reactive maintenance and unplanned downtime. Instead of “Monday morning-quarterbacking” what went wrong after an equipment failure, arm your plant managers with real-time data tracking and comprehensive monitoring. A PDM service program allows plant managers to schedule downtime, labor, and materials based on the projected performance of the equipment.
WHY CHOOSE CALKINS PDM SERVICES?
- Certified Analytics Expertise
- Timely Professional Reporting
- Equipment Data Gathered at predetermined intervals
- Continuous Data Collection capabilities for highly critical equipment
- Expertise to predict, diagnose, report, and SOLVE equipment issues before they cause downtime