Predictive Maintenance Services and technology
ON-GOING PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE SERVICES (PdM)
REDUCE EQUIPMENT FAILURES – INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY
Prevent more costly reactive maintenance and unplanned down time with predictive technology. Instead of “Monday-morning-quarterbacking” what went wrong after an equipment failure, Calkins can arm your plant managers with real-time data tracking and comprehensive monitoring. A PdM program allows plant managers to schedule downtime, labor and materials based on the projected performance of the equipment.
VIBRATION ANALYSISEarly Detection
- Gearboxes, fans, shafts, motors, compressors, pumps, mixers, driers, etc.
- Calkins generates a database with your specific high-priority equipment and collect and diagnose the data at intervals (usually monthly) specific to your plant needs.
- Trended over time to determine if a problem has just occurred or is becoming worse.
Motion AmplificationDetecting What the Human Eye Can’t See.
- Motion Amplification turns each of the millions of pixels from the camera’s sensor into vibration measuring points,
each capable of a resolution measuring deflection as small as 1/10,000 of an inch.
- Any location of interest in a picture can be turned into a waveform or spectrum, allowing the analyst to quantify and
understand the nature of the surface movement.
- Information previously unattainable through conventional means, reveals root cause of the fault, leading to more accurate
and timely repairs.
- Motion Amplification provides running shaft inspection and one-step phase analysis
- Visually detects infrared radiation (heat) emitted by an object.
- Allows technicians to validate normal operations and locate thermal
anomalies that indicate faults, defects or inefficiencies within a system.
- Identifies abnormally warm motors and possible bearing failures;
line blockages, tank levels and pipe temperatures.
Infrared ThermographyIs your equipment running hot?
Infrared thermography visually detects infrared radiation (heat) emitted by an object. Thermography allows technicians to validate
normal operations and, more importantly, locate thermal anomalies (abnormal patterns of heat invisible to the eye) that indicate possible faults, defects or inefficiencies within a system.
Infrared thermography can “see”: faulty electrical connections or overloaded circuits; abnormally warm motors and possible bearing failures; line blockages, tank levels and pipe temperatures; missing insulation; air infiltration; moisture damage, etc. Information from an infrared camera can help asset managers and maintenance personnel better maintain their systems and equipment, while monitoring or improving the quality of production.
OIL ANALYSIS (OA)Provides early warning of bearing failure and detects over- and under-lubrication issues.
ONGOING PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE SERVICES
On-going predictive maintenance services prevent more costly reactive maintenance and unplanned downtime. Instead of “Monday morning-quarterbacking” what went wrong after an equipment failure, arm your plant managers with real time data tracking and comprehensive monitoring. A PdM service program allows plant managers to schedule downtime, labor, and materials based on the projected performance of the equipment.
- Certified Analytics Expertise
- Timely Professional Reporting
- Equipment Data Gathered at predetermined intervals
- Continuous Data Collection capabilities for highly critical equipment
- Expertise to predict, diagnose, report, and SOLVE equipment issues before they cause downtime
To find out more about how predictive technology can help you keep your equipment running, contact us.
ULTRASOUNDProvides early warning of bearing failure and detects over- and under-lubrication issues.
- Ultrasound can compliment a Vibration Analysis program, especially on
slow-moving pieces of equipment.
- Takes your Bearing Lubrication from a time-based process to a condition-based
- Ultrasound can detect leaks in Valves, Steam Traps, Compressed Air/Gas systems
and help you recover those losses.
- Ultrasound can detect Corona, Tracking and Arcing.